About Us: News
3 Worlds Café, a collaboration of DOLE Packaged Foods, Kogi, the Coalition for Responsible Community Development (CRCD) and students from Jefferson High School celebrated it’s grand opening in South Central Los Angeles over the weekend. 3 Worlds Café was a concept that began two years ago when DOLE® and award-winning chef Roy Choi of Kogi reached out to a local neighborhood to provide assistance and healthy food training at one of the oldest schools in LA.
The students named this project based on the three standout diverse cultures representing the past and present communities of the area. They began serving smoothies and other fruit items with a neighborhood twist. A growing neighborhood interest attracted the attention of the CRCD which offered a storefront space and staffing to further this venture into the community. With a storefront and support from DOLE® and Chef Roy Choi, a café was opened.
One of the new products featured in the café is DOLE® Soft Serve, produced by Kent Precision Foods Group (KPFG). Connie Huck, vice president of marketing and sales for KPFG, was there for the dedication. “We’re thrilled to be a part of this great community event," said Huck. "Now the entire neighborhood can enjoy a Pineapple DOLE float!” KPFG has been licensing DOLE® Soft Serve for more than 17 years, and supplied product and posters for the grand opening.
Kent Precision Foods Group is a dry-blending and packaging food company specializing in providing high quality products for customers in the foodservice, industrial and consumer products businesses. Customized products produced vary widely and include salad dressing mixes, frozen desserts, home canning mixes, sauce and seasoning blends, gravies and instant food thickening products. Kent Precision Foods Group markets brands including Foothill Farms®, Frostline®, Mrs. Wages®, Orrington Farms®, Southern Gourmet®, Thick It® and other licensed products.
- KPFG STAYS CLOSE TO THE MARKET WITH BROKER ADVISORY BOARD
- Jason Gregory Named President of Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc.
- CHAMPS Group Purchasing and KPFG Launch Custom Contract for Fortified and Modified Drinks
- Kent Precision Foods Group Receives 4th Dot Quality & Service Award
- DOLE® Soft Serve Introduces New Lemon Flavor
- Frostline Celebrates National Soft Serve Day on August 19th
- DOLE® Soft Serve is a Sweet and Refreshing Dairy-Free Treat
- Foothill Farms® Promoting School Foodservice with Recipe Challenge
- Foothill Farms® Responds to Recent Government Changes to Grain and Protein Maximums with Website Improvements
- TUF® and Milani® Brands Are Now Foothill Farms®
- Frostline Introduces a Brand New Look and Fresh New Merchandising
- KPFG Receives Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods for 3rd Consecutive Year
- Foothill Farms® Brand to Consolidate Milani® and TUF® Brands Under One Name
- DOLE Soft Serve Featured at 3 Worlds Café Grand Opening
- Precision Foods Unveils New Name, Logo and Promise
- Introducing Pour, Stir and Enjoy Products for Supermarket Deli from Precision Foods, Inc.