Product Catalog: Seasonings
Foothill Farms® Fajita Seasoning Mix
Foothill Farms® Fajita Seasoning Mix is a zesty blend of authentic Mexican spices and seasonings for tasty fajitas. Make with beef, chicken, turkey or pork. The seasoning adds well-balanced flavor to meats and vegetables that's lively but not too spicy.
Maltodextrin, Salt, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Enzyme, Folic Acid), Onion Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Spice, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Sugar, Citric Acid, Caramel Color*, Soy Sauce (Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Soybean Oil, Paprika Extract, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).
*Contributes 26 ppm sulfites per 100 g as packaged.
Directions For Use
1. Heat ½ cup vegetable oil in a large skillet. Sauté 3 lbs. of sliced onions and 2 ½ lbs. of sliced bell peppers until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. (Optional: sauté 2-1/2 lbs. of tomato wedges with onions and peppers.)
2. Sear 7 lbs. of sliced sirloin steak (or 8 lbs. sliced chicken) in same skillet.
3. Drain pan juices from skillet into measuring cup. Add enough water to pan juices to make 2 cups liquid. Return liquid to skillet.
4. Add contents of one bag (8.9 oz) of Foothill Farms® Fajita Seasoning Mix to skillet and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in reserved sautéed vegetables, heat thoroughly and serve.
Marinade: Add contents of package (8.9 oz) to 3 qts. cool water and 2 cups lemon juice or white distilled vinegar. Mix well. Divide marinade into two equal portions. Combine half of the marinade with 7 lbs. of sirloin steak (or 8 lbs. chicken). Cover and refrigerate overnight. Store the remaining marinade in refrigerator in separate covered container. Remove from refrigerator, drain meat and discard marinade. Grill meat. Let set several minutes to allow the juices to distribute and slice. In a large skillet, combine grilled meat with sautéed vegetables (see step one on above directions). Add remaining marinade, heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
About 66 – 3.0 oz prepared servings fajita filling per pouch
About 396 - 3.0 oz prepared servings fajita filling per case
|V418-AJ190||10072058161009||75° F||YES-CIRCLE U|
|Pack:||6 / 8.9 OZ|
|Gross Case Weight:||3.90 LB|
|Net Case Weight:||3.34 LB|
|Case Height:||6.13 IN|
|Case Width:||6.81 IN|
|Case Length:||8.81 IN|
|Case Cube:||0.21 CF|
Prior to reconstitution, this product will be stable for up to one year when stored unopened in a cool, dry place.
Product Contains Soybean or Soybean Derivatives
Product Contains Wheat or Wheat Derivatives
- Nutritional Values: Based on unrounded 3.77g dry mix per ½ cup (85g) prepared fajita filling. Within Nutrition Facts Panel, rounding of "Serving Size" amount based on FDA 21CFR 101.9.
- Schools: 1.8 oz chicken fajita strips provides 1 oz-equivalent meat/meat alternate. Plus, when served with 1/4 c of sliced, sauteed onions and green peppers, it provide 1/4 c vegetable.
- Great in warm tortillas shells or pita bread. Top with refried beans, salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Serve fajita strips over Spanish rice.
Made in U.S.A.
|About 66 servings per container|
2 tsp Dry (4g)
Amount per servingCalories
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg 0%||•||Calcium 5mg 0%|
|Iron 0mg 0%||•||Potassium 20mg 0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|